StarWars Universe Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those that create themselves into a universe in there words.

HoloNetHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the SWURP. We hope you all enjoy roleplaying here and have fun, all new comers are welcome and please ask us when you need help with anything. Very Happy
CorSec Announcement- Recently CorSec Removed several important members of the Solar defense agency by force, and violence, while details are still classified because of the sensitivity of the matter, Eye witnesses say it was Theta Squad and a small group of mercenarys. Theta squad has become the unofficial face of CorSec, while they are a special operations and Black Ops Unit, Courtney Loket CorSec Journalist
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 73 on Tue May 14, 2019 7:36 am
Latest topics
» HEY! LET'S RECONNECT!
The Quality of Living EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 6:35 pm by Duvnar Magnum

» It's so cold and lonely here... :(
The Quality of Living EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 am by Duvnar Magnum

» The Quality of Living
The Quality of Living EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm by Duvnar Magnum

» Need Warm bodies
The Quality of Living EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 pm by Duvnar Magnum

» Ashes to Ashes we all fall down.....
The Quality of Living EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:11 pm by Ali Xen

» Not to be the Jew in the room, but...
The Quality of Living EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:38 pm by Caredetru Tykuper

» Have you ever?
The Quality of Living EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:49 pm by Duvnar Magnum

» I think it's time for a final chapter...
The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:31 pm by Caredetru Tykuper

» NOSTALGIA TIEM
The Quality of Living EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:25 pm by Duvnar Magnum

The Quality of Living

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet
Name: No one
Race: unlisted

The Quality of Living Empty
PostSubject: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Sometimes, Helix will take the long way home, through the East Coruscant Marketplace, passed alleys of dirty shanties and dirty people. It is there, and only there, that he'll feel something dangerous, a little thing called remorse.

A few days after the senatorial meetings, Helix took the long way home and stopped at a bar. Floorplans for the Orbital Bank of Coruscant accompanied him, glass of cognac on a corner to flatten the page, with Helix, smelling of expensive cologne and sweat produced from long-nights at the office, looming over it, muttering like a madman.

Helix had a plan to help those in need, he just needed friends to help.
Back to top Go down
http://crosshair.roflforum.net/
Caredetru Tykuper
Commanding officer
Commanding officer
Caredetru Tykuper

Character sheet
Name: Caredetru Tykuper
Race: Naboo

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 am

(ooc- wow, this is going to be the first time in a LONG time that I have RPed with Cared.)

Slender pale fingers picked the glass off of the chart, as even more achromatic eyes watched the paper spiral back up and roll away to the edge of the table. Caredetru brought the drink to his nose gently. A single waft, and the sensors buried beneath his ghostly fair skin lit up.
"I would have suspected a finer brew." He set back the glass as he slid into the opposite side of the booth. Taking up a reclining posture, he continued: "Or perhaps I didn't, and I expected you to have spent all of your money on that Bantha piss cologne that you're wearing. It has been much too much of a long time, and yet neither of us really change all too much."
Caredetru fluffed his hair with both hands. It fell again, shimmering, around his stoic countenance. As it frayed out through the air, there could be seen a single, thin braid entwined with it all just over his right ear, and behind this was a new marking. It was not visible for long, and Caredetru cared not if it was seen. He merely continued: "You spend your money and your efforts for luxuries, and ignore the necessities like a stiff fucking drink. Your wife lets you go and put down your gullet whatever you please, and you spend the opportunity on shitwater brandy like this."
Back to top Go down
http://17000.forumotion.com
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet
Name: Gwazi Magnum
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:08 am

"There's nothing wrong with having a good drink... But that cologne is by god awful" Duvnar said with a smirk sitting at the next table along with a bottle of Ale in his hand, twenty empty bottles littered the table infront of him.
Back to top Go down
Ali Xen
Petty officer
Petty officer
Ali Xen

Character sheet
Name: Ali Xen
Race: Coruscanti

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:41 pm

(hope you don't care Duvnar)

"I don't think it's that bad" said Ali with a sneering glance as he tipped back on a chair at Duvnar's table. His unique hair was almost unmissable in this bar but most didn't know it was to draw attention away from the even more unique tattoo starting from the right side of his neck revealing a ladies hair and arms up in a seductive way...the rest could not be seen for his shirt was covering.

He thought to himself it had been a while since they had all been in the same place without random violence following...
Back to top Go down
http://csahq.userboard.net
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 am

(I don't mind)

"It's god ridden awful! Speaking of which... how long do you think it will be before some random explosion happens followed by some imperials or a demon possessed kid?".
Back to top Go down
Caredetru Tykuper
Commanding officer
Commanding officer
Caredetru Tykuper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:18 pm

"Well it wouldn't matter what came at us. After all, they would all go for Helix. A rotting body might drown out the fucking smell."
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:28 pm

The grids on the page had begun to meld together from constant watch and a strain of Helix's eyes before it imploded into it's past form at the hand of Caredetru, who was soon followed by the Gand, Duvnar and Ali, who’s species was unknown to Helix. Well, in terms of Helix's relationship with them, these two were not just men, but friends Helix had long since spoke with. Friends, one's you could actually trust were hard to come by, but it appeared they came to him upon a silver platter.

Having been separated from the blueprint, his drink, and given strings of remarks about his cologne instead, Helix stretched, obviously weary, and ran his hand through his short, black hair, with a yawn not too far behind.

“Caredetru, Ali, and Duvnar, it’s very nice to see you all. Also, this cologne was $650 at the Haporium Fine Imports Market back on Hapes. It’s said to be fragrant only to a few certain species. Obviously you uncultured swine aren’t one of them.” Helix managed to inject a bit of joking tone to the end of his sentence to denote that he wasn’t serious.
Back to top Go down
Caredetru Tykuper
Commanding officer
Commanding officer
Caredetru Tykuper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 pm

"Those species of course being Bantha, Rancor, and Taun Taun. And who are you calling uncultured? You spend your days either in an office, a bar, the big senate room, or apparently a bullshit, over priced import market when you could just milk that shit straight from a Kaadu's stink gland. I, however, am a musician, and I have travelled to the farthest corners of the galaxy. I have eaten more ethnic people than you have even seen.
"Now, tell me what you are working on."
Back to top Go down
Ali Xen
Petty officer
Petty officer
Ali Xen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:16 pm

"Hey lets not get at each others' throats before we finish our drinks," said Ali with a smirk, "also I am also interested in what exactly you are working on? Do I see a blueprint?"
Back to top Go down
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Duvnar grinned and said "As fun as a fight sounds lets leave it for later, besides Helix I've seen almost all of the Galaxy in my travels... you've never gotten out much unless if you were tagging along with us".
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

"Oddly, I'm going to take that as a compliment, Duvnar..." Helix says, somewhat offended. Duvnar still lacks tact, Helix observes. He then unrolls the blueprint and sets the glass back where it was, revealing a blueprint of a massive orbital station.

With a sinister smile he utters, "It's time to give the wealth to the people."
Back to top Go down
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 am

"Whatever" Duvnar said and drank some Ale before he looked at the blueprint and asked "What's this for?".
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:00 pm

"It's the plan for the Orbital Bank of Coruscant. Billions of credits flow into this place everyday, and less than 10% of those will ever be directly withdrawn. The only way people access this money is if their debit is linked to their account, or if they physically fly in and withdraw it in tangible money."

Helix smiled, an unterior motive peeking out from under his grin, "I think it's time we all put this money to good use. This blueprint will help us."
Back to top Go down
Ali Xen
Petty officer
Petty officer
Ali Xen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Ali almost fell out of his seat at the mentioning of such a feat. "Are you serious? They will have a large amount of security....but I will humor you by asking what we are going to use this money for?"
Back to top Go down
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:07 pm

"Sounds bold..." Duvnar said grinning before he drank more of his Ale and asked setting down the twentyith bottle "But I'm also wondering, what is the money going to be used for?".
Back to top Go down
Caredetru Tykuper
Commanding officer
Commanding officer
Caredetru Tykuper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Caredetru could not pretend that he did not pick up on Helix's prior mumblings. He was taken aback by the boldness of the idea, and by the one who was presenting it. For a moment he leaned against the booth's backrest, and tapped his fingers against the faux table, contemplating on how he should go about his next words and moves. "How many people are we talking about disbursing this money to, Helix? I mean, there is well over 58 billion people here on Coruscant alone. I suppose maybe five percent don't need financial help, and even if we were talking about helping only the bottom ten percent can you even fathom how many that still leaves? One credit for everyone in need won't help at all. And besides, what about our needs?"
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Helix has a dastardly smile on his face, aglow with the satisfaction a young adult would haver after their first steal. The plan would be bold, and there would be a small survival rate, but, in the end, it'd be worth it.

"There's 997 trillion credits in the Orbital Bank, 93% is liquid in savings accounts, which means that I haven't factored in the interest. But, that's beside the point. Once we've...'acquired' the money, we'd deposit it equally to multiple charity organizations that I trust, which I believe will distribute the money fairly and with discretion to those who truly need it. As for our part, the bank owner's wife has deposited 4 million credits worth of bonds in a separate vault, that will be what we keep for ourselves, which should have us walking away from this with 750,000 credits each.

Also, a wing of the bank is entirely high-end hotel rooms, since most of the people visiting travel long distances and often visit Coruscant simply to go to the bank. The supply dock will be our way in, and I've tracked down a supply freighter going to the station in about 20 minutes. I've got a stockpile of equipment smuggled on the ship, and, let me assure you, I spared no expense."

Helix doesn't exhibit much emotion when he speaks, so his motive isn't clear. It may just be for the thrill, or for the money, but, whatever it is, the markings on the blueprint seem to detail a foolproof plan, and he seems sensible about it all.
Back to top Go down
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 am

"Tell us about the Charities first" Duvnar said not wanting to be left in the dark.
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 3:19 pm

HElix sighs, and shifts around in his seat impatiently as he thinks of the pre-chosen charities.

"Beforehand, I picked out Coruscant United, First Response, and the Galactic MEdical Corps. Now, can we go?"
Back to top Go down
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:37 pm

"Explain them" Duvnar said not sure what they were and just wanting to annoy Helix.
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

"Are you a fuckin' moron? Is it that hard to figure out what the Medical Corp or the fuckin' First Responders do?" Helix shouted.
Back to top Go down
Caredetru Tykuper
Commanding officer
Commanding officer
Caredetru Tykuper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Caredetru's head rolled back on it's stalk, as a bemused laugh emanated deeply from his maw. "Helix, calm down. If you scream and cuss every time you get angry, we won't have a very good time with this, will we? Now, charity is all good. Helping the medical fields and such, fine. But if we are to be siphoning almost a quadrillion credits out of these people's pockets, I think that we can skim a bit more than seven hundred fifty K off the top. Do you think that we all can pay six hundred credits for cologne?"
"However, this reminds me of something. You said that our money would be coming from an account set up by the bank owner's wife. What part is she playing here?"
Back to top Go down
Duvnar Magnum
Site Staff
Site Staff
Duvnar Magnum

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 am

Duvnar just shrugged and said "I meant more specifics smart ass, they do they help anyone specifically? What are there methods? Plus Cared is right, what the hell is the bank owners wife doing paying us for this?".
Back to top Go down
Helix Rexanel
Art Team
Art Team
Helix Rexanel

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 pm

"Now, the wife of the bank owner isn't directly paying us, she just failed to recognize the balance of power here in Coruscant. See, at the fundraiser for that earthquake on Taris, she failed to stop talking, and every word out of her mouth was racist or condescending. I think seizing her personal fortune will be enough to teach the Kuat bitch to know her place," Helix said, a sign of cold contempt in his voice whenever he mentions the bank owners' wife, "And, to answer your question, Duvnar, despite it being a meaningless one, Coruscant United is revitalizing multiple areas on Coruscant. The huge revitalization of Turlington was their doing. The First Responders and the Medical Corp, obviously, respond to disasters and help those in need. The Medical Corps has opened hundreds of free clinics and full-blown medical centers all across Coruscant and the galaxy. All three of these charities are hideously under-funded.”
Back to top Go down
Caredetru Tykuper
Commanding officer
Commanding officer
Caredetru Tykuper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm

"Are you just going to keep ignoring everything that I say, Helix?" Caredetru's relaxed muscles tensed. He leaned forward over the table now, relinquishing a comfortable recline to look more closely into Helix's eyes.
"I can't deal with seven fifty. If I'm putting myself in such a precarious position, I need a shit load more than that. I don't think that any of you would disagree with this, right Duvnar, Ali?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quality of Living   The Quality of Living Empty

Back to top Go down

The Quality of Living
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StarWars Universe Rp :: Roleplay Center :: The Universe (RP) :: Posting Hall-
Jump to: